PLANNING STAFF REPORT
The Planning Staff has submitted their report to the Metro Planning Commission (MPC) outlining the reasons why they recommend disapproval of the rezoning from AR2A to RM-4.
Some interesting stuff in there, including traffic estimates from Metro and impact to the schools.
Here is a link to the Planning Staff Report. We're Item #40 on p. 205
PUBLIC COMMENTS SO FAR
Here is a link to the Public Comment folder, into which all correspondence about the application is placed. We have 9 comments currently, which is the 4th most commented of all agenda items for the 26th MPC meeting.
ZOOM CALL WEDNESDAY AUGUST 25
I'll be hosting a 30 minute Zoom call at 7pm on Wednesday for anyone who'd like to meet up to talk about the process, what's happening, etc..
Here's the meeting info
Topic: Cato Neighbors Community Meeting
Time: Aug 25, 2021 07:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 874 9886 1348
PLANNING MEETING UPATE
On Friday, we had a text exchange with Councilman Hall, who said:
I was waiting to get the Property owner, Developer and Engineer all on the room together with us. It's been deferred from Planning this week so we can all meet. What day is good for you?
Today, Planner Logan Elliot sent this email, stating the item has been deferred until the September 9 MPC meeting. There will be no official notices sent for the 9/9 meeting.
Thank you for reaching out and for working to organize the residents of this area.
Confirmed that the applicant has requested to defer this item to the September 9 MPC meeting. There will not be a discussion or opportunity to speak on this item at the 8/26 meeting so I do not recommend attending this Thursday’s meeting if this is the only case that you are interested in.
I still plan on going to the Planning Commission Meeting anyway - to acquaint myself with the place and process, as well as ensure it does in fact get deferred. Technically it's still on the agenda. You're welcome to join me, of course. Please let me know if you'll be there!
MEETING WITH COUNCILMAN HALL, MR. DALE AND MR. OVERBY
One of the reasons for deferral was so Councilman Hall could set up a community meeting with the developer/engineer (Mr. Dale, presumably), the owner (Mr. Overby), and the community. A date and place has not been established. I'm going to suggest either next Weds 9/1 or Thursday 9/2.
Please encourage other voters in your house and your neighbors to respond to the survey. I'll post results this Thursday.